Tuesday, March 17, 2009

MIT, Harvard, Princeton ... ivy league in a week.

So I did make it over and back in a week without getting sick. Cambridge was fun, good hotel and food, lots of lobster was a must ... only the weather could have been a little warmer. But in this case I had no need to adjust to the climate just the time zone. Weatherwise it felt just like home. Shawn handled the kids well, a little stressed but no matter he managed fine. I had a full week with all day meetings and evening events. Which meant that by the time Shawn sent over his shopping list I had only a couple of hours left before driving back from Princeton to the airport. No problem: with a navigation system! Though it takes time to get used to the way of giving directions in the US. Only street names and numbers, no cities or places. I got him the new BOSE in-ear headphone after the old one broke and some little gifts for the kids. On the way back I picked up Jan our neighbor at the airport. He flew in from Toronto same time same day and we shared a cab back home. So my tea was ready when I returned. Perfect. Next trip over right before easter with Mara!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home