Monday, March 09, 2009

Crazy Birthday Party

We had moved out Johanna's bday party to last Saturday because of the school vacation. She invited all her friends and 12 kids showed up. Oh my gosh. On top of that the weather was not as friendly as last year and all day it didn't stop snowing. Great - how to calm twelve kids inside the house for 5 hours. Impossible. Johanna had planned a theater party were all kids would bring costumes and would act out a imaginary play. We ended up with a story that contained 4 princesses, 2 dancers, one fancy lady, 2 market women, an angel, Dracula and Darth Vader. And came up with a great story. I had to yell at the crowd every once in a while, but overall they did very well. After that we took them outside to play hide and seek in the snow in two groups where we ended up at the ice-cream store unplanned. But they all loved it despite the weather. We finised with a preformance in front of the parents which was a big success. We even forgot to give out the candy bags and to play all the games we had planned. But I hope nobody minded. Crazy but fun. After that I got sick and stayed in bed all Sunday with high fever. Ready to cancel my trip to Boston. As I feel better today, I will go ... and hope that was only a short interference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home