Friday, January 22, 2010

Back home - a weekend to rest?

Finally I am back home and halfway recovering from my travel. The weekend with my choir was really nice but exhausting. The accommodation in the castle more comparable to a youth hostel though in the end this didn't matter as we had fun anyway. About 50 women attended and some were very good singers. A lot of room to improve myself. The nice thing also was that we got a individual lesson by a vocal coach. Very helpful to improve the technique. Sunday afternoon I got back - tired to find out that Johanna had caught an ear infection and I had to stay home with her Monday until my cab left to take me to the airport. I spend three days in Nyon which is close to Geneva in Switzerland. Nice place, right at the lake with a perfect view of Mount Blanc. One night we took a bus to a mountain top chalet to have swiss cheese fondue. Yummy. To tell you about my Odyssey back: Train to Geneva, plane to Zürich, a loooong stop-over there because of the Munich airport mess-up to take a plan back to Munich at 11 pm. Therefore I was home at 1 a.m. Good thing that I had upgraded to frequent traveler with Lufthansa this year. At least I could hang out in the lounge in Zürich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home