Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Snow and still no phone

I just read in the papers that even here in south Bavaria snow in October is rare and happens only every 11 years! Great we picked the 11th. It started last Friday and kept snowing all weekend. Temperatures are a little too warm for the snow to stay for long. But it is quite uncomfortable outside. I am getting heavy and immobile. As we are still waiting for our sofa to show up, until then I am using the hammock or old rocking chair to rest. This Thursday we are going to pick up the boxes that Julie had send to Belgium and from there Cat forwarded to Oberammergau. We should be all set for the baby by then. Johanna is taking a field trip today. All first graders are hiking to a local farm. Great day for an outdoor trip on a day like this - with drizzling rain and snow falling. But I am sure that the kids have fun anyway. As for the phone, I am taking bets whether the kid or the phone line will be first to arrive. Scheduled installation next week Wednesday. But I don't believe it until I've seen and tested it. So please call us on our mobile phones.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 pm, Blogger Jörg said...

Der hundertjährige Kalender sagt für dieses Jahr einen SEHR harten Winter voraus.
Hier in Rösrath zogen jedenfalls schon letzte Woche die Kraniche auf dem Weg gen Süden vorbei.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home