Saturday, December 23, 2006

Uncle Henry

I still feel a little sad and can't enjoy the holidays as much as I would otherwise. Uncle Henner passed away last Wednesday. He was Mom's little brother and definitely a great Uncle. Everybody loved him a lot and the family is devastated including us. The funeral reception is next week Wednesday. Right after christmas Mike is flying in from France. This way we will all be together, but what a sad occasion. Meanwhile we tried to go on with daily business to prepare for the holidays. I picked up Oma Röschen in Hamburg yesterday. Got there early in the morning, hung out downtown until I got sick of shopping and then went to the movies to watch Vitus. A great Swiss movie, i highly recommend. I did cry a lot, even though it is not a sad movie. Flying back with Oma was ok, the flight a little delayed and Oma a little more confused then she used to be last year. Today we picked out nice big christmas tree. Shawn is preparinng lots of food: Turkey of course. Should we invite more people over ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home