
I just returned from my high school reunion in Flensburg last weekend. It was fun even though some of my good old friends didn't show up at all. Bummer! I guess I have to visit them soon. The train ride up North was actually more comfortable than expected and I did get a good night's rest. Breakfast at the train station in Hamburg bringing up old memories and then just two more hours to Flensburg which welcomed me with blue skies. Mom was picking me up at the station and driving me to the old school. Not much has changed and the old class was still chatting outside waiting for the head mistress to show us around. This was followed by champagne, more taking, a very interesting city tour with a American tour guide speaking perfectly German with a northern accent. Later dinner and of course we ended up in a local pub. My cold has not yet vanished but my voice did by the end of that night. Mom and I drove home and flew from Paderborn back to Munich. Another long day.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home