Monday, May 08, 2006

Little America in Bavaria

I had just told you we would not travel all the way down to Garmisch guess I was wrong. Somehow we felt that we had to get away another time. I booked the train tickets 2 hours before it was scheduled to leave and we rushed to the station - only to find out that it was 45 min late. At least this time the train did not break down in the tunnel again. It was still a long ride. Mercy waited for us in Garmisch and took us to the hotel which was right on the American base. Dollars only and everything very americanized. This seems to make tourists less unsecure in a place where people speak Bavarian and run around in costumes even though it is not carnival. We didn't do to much down there but talked with Mercy and Brian. Shawn and Jo got new tennis shoes, we went for a bike ride and soon we had to get back on the train. Weather was nice but not as hot as at home. Still it was worth going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home